Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mr Clean



A has been talking about having a job. He keeps telling me that its Dads job to make money and Mums job to look after him..... then asking "and me? Whats mine job?" I told him that his job was to be a little boy and to have lots of fun, he looked at me like I had lost my marbles and said "no Mum, whats mine joooooooob?"

I found an old spray bottle and cleaned it out really well. I then put a solution of water, vinegar and baking soda into it. I leave the bottle along with a cloth under the sink and its his job to clean the table after he has finished eating. He insists on doing the whole table and spends AGES playing with the spray. He feels so very grown up and makes a real meal out of putting the bottle and cloth back away again. Its obvious that he really enjoys feeling like he contributes to the family.

No pressure of course, if he never wants to do it again then I wont be bothered in the slightest. So far though he has been doing it after every meal for the last three days.

I cannot believe he is only two!

1 comment:

  1. I love it when they start to help around the house. My little monster does so much and loves to do so often going to look for his favourite - the purple feather duster! Its also good to show them that everyone needs to help out in the home - there are no cleaning fairies!!

    ReplyDelete