Friday, February 12, 2010

Birthday Cards & Hexagons




Its my birthday next week so A and Dad made a card for me for A to give next week. I caught a glimpse of the work in progress. DH (Dear Husband) took photos of the project for me and caught a rather interesting development in A's understanding of shapes (and drawing skills)

DH just let A loose with some pens, paper, crayons, pencils, stickers and glue. About half way through DH asked where A would like to place one of the little buttons and A said "just there on the hexagon" and sure enough A had actually drawn a hexagon complete with six sides (two of the points are under the top button)! OK, so the number of sides I would assume was a fluke, but I am still blown away.

He can draw circles, straight lines and squiggly lines with purpose but up till now we have had no success with any other shapes as angles seem to be a bit more difficult to pull off.

I have not seen the end product of my card yet and am looking forward to it. There is nothing cooler than getting something made with such love from someone so small. I am so proud of him

No comments:

Post a Comment