Thursday, March 25, 2010

I'm Back

Its been a hectic couple of weeks! I have sat here over the last few evenings thinking that I really needed to get on here and update, but have been so tired that it just wasnt an option. G (who is now 7 months!!!) has been working on crawling and as a result has not been sleeping with the added bonus of being really clingy during the day. Its actually been great for A as I have just spent the last two weeks on the floor playing with the two of them, so he has been getting heaps of attention. We have also been doing lots in the way of learning although as my previous post suggests I have been sitting back a bit more and taking my cues from him.

SO to catch you up! Well A is seriously into playing make believe at the moment and most of our day involves never ending games of 'going to the store' and A making me 'meals'. Its SO MUCH fun and I am really enjoying his imagination. :-)

He has a little friend named Mousie (who is a mouse). Mousie is black and orange with pink whiskers and accompanies A through most of the day. A has had dalliances with the odd imaginary friend but Mousie is the most complex of them all and is interacting with other people too. I am often left holding Mousie while A is doing something else. :-)

Yesterday we decided to write a book about Mousie for Dad to read at bedtime. A told me how the story should go and then drew the pictures. It was lots of fun and the end product is one that he is very proud of and will be a wonderful keepsake. I hope to make lots of books written by A so that he can have a proper library. I think this is a great way to incorporate language. A was fascinated while watching me writing the words as he was saying them. I made a couple of changes by adding some connecting words but always made sure that I consulted with him first as I didnt want to step on him creatively. I was actually really surprised by how poetic and thoughtful he was with his story. The last page (totally his own wording) was "It was a lovely day. And now its done. Time for bed." I was blown away actually.

Now that G is sleeping better and CRAWLING things are getting back to normal. I will return, and soon. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment